All About Mold
Mold is a type of fungus that flourishes in moist environments and reproduces by means of airborne spores. There are over 400,000 types of mold, and while there are only a few dozen that are toxic, exposure to many molds can lead to health problems. It can also cause structural damage to your house. Places that are exposed to high amounts of moisture (like a bathroom or kitchen) are prime breeding grounds for mold and spores.
Don’t hesitate! Even if you don’t see mold, a full assessment can help you determine if fungal spores are growing in your home!
The Dangers of Mold
While mold has little or no effect for some people, others (including those with sensitivities) can experience a number of health problems. Exposure to mold spores can cause symptoms like runny noses, coughing, sneezing, watery eyes, and rashes. If somebody is asthmatic or allergic to mold, their reaction can be even more intense. Even if you or your family aren’t at risk for the mold’s health problems, it’s always a good idea to identify and remediate it before it spread.